Friday, June 5, 2009

panic

Recently I got an email from the PI of the zebrafish lab I worked in last summer, saying she heard from the grant review panel, and now she has sufficient funds to support another grad student. I'm also finishing up the rotation project in this current (frog) lab, so now the question is where do I want to go for the next 4+ years?

Both PIs are tenured professors in developmental biology, working with different model organisms. They give good mentoring advice, are both stationed on the third floor of NatSci, and are well-known in their fields. When it comes to the important parts of grad school (like what kind of guidance you're gonna get), they're pretty much identical.

So now I think the question becomes "who am I a little less intimidated by?"

Here goes...

No comments: